Orange City Council’s challenge
Prior to implementing Pulse’s Enterprise Risk Management module, Orange City Council was looking to improve the management, monitoring and reporting of Council’s strategic, operational and project risks. Council faced several risk management challenges including:
- Ensuring a system was in place to support industry best practices and standards such as AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009.
- Variation in the approach to Council’s risk management framework.
- Reliance on manual and paper-based risk management practices which can hinder version control.
- Restricted oversight for executives and risk decision-makers across the organisation.
- The need for an internal risk management communication and information sharing forum.
Why Pulse’s Enterprise Risk Management Module was Council’s solution of choice
Since they were already using the Pulse Corporate Planning & Reporting Module, Orange City Council saw the following benefits to scaling their Pulse platform to include the Enterprise Risk Management module:
- Comprehensive ‘out-of-the-box’ integrated risk management software functionality.
- Seamless integration and cross-module functionality between Council’s existing Pulse’s Modules.
- Faster time-to-competency for Council’s employees due to Pulse’s intuitive software.
- Ability for Council employees to manage all risks related activity from any internet enabled device.
- Enhanced governance adhering to the NSW Local Government risk management and internal audit framework.
Pulse Software’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Module has enabled Council executive leadership, risk officers and operational management teams to significantly improve its risk management, governance and compliance capability. Pulse ERM is the perfect integrated solution to support Council’s risk management framework.
– Orange City Council
Key outcomes for Council
- A centralised, SaaS based integrated enterprise risk management software system to meet Council’s existing and future risk management framework.
- Enhanced risk management best practice across the organisation and reassurance employees have complied with any relevant organisation policies, training, and legislative requirements.
- Improved organisational risk management visibility, oversight, governance and alignment with Council’s risk management framework, programs, practices, and policies.
- Conformance with organisational and risk management industry best practices and standards such as AS/NZS ISO 31000:2018 and COSO.
- Ability to identify, record, manage and track all risk (impacts and opportunities) strategies, mitigation plans, controls, and actions at an organisational, department and individual level across Council.
About Pulse Software
Pulse Software is a leading business process management solution provider. Pulse aligns people with industry leading solutions for government agencies and private enterprises.
1300 363 325 | firstname.lastname@example.org